Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sometimes there is a price for winning!

Something foul has recently taken place in my local area, and the stench is a bit overwhelming. I will explain in a moment. I’m about to post about a recent local event, but I feel that it is deserving of more publicity on a national scale. That is why I am writing this blog.

I don’t know much about the supposed “church” in question, outside of what I have read about it in the newspapers. I cannot speak out for or against it’s legitimacy, because I just don’t know. And, yes, the church has been accused of some serious stuff. I won’t deny that. I just wonder what the motives were behind the sting operation that lead to this. I believe that the timing of everything speaks for itself. Here is what happened:

That church won a settlement against the county for $75,000 this past March. Then in May, undercover officers infiltrated church services. Now the District Attorney said that she hopes “to present this raid to the county to help take the steps necessary to halt this church's operation.”

If you would like to read the Uniontown Herald-Standard’s news article about the event, then click on http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20354038&brd=2280&pag=461&dept_id=480247

No comments:

Post a Comment